2016 Bass Lake
April 30 & May 1, 2016
3 Grand Prize Fish Worth a total of $25,000!
$55,000 BASS LAKE
FISHING DERBY RULES
Thank you for your interest in the 2016 Bass Lake Fishing Derby. This year's Derby will be held on Saturday and Sunday, April 30 & May 1. The Derby will provide a lot of fun for the entire family and hopefully a few lucky fisherman will catch all or one of the special grand prize fish. In addition there will be 150 trout worth $100 each and 847 trout worth $20 each. Bass Lake, one of the most picturesque lakes in California, is located one hour north-east of Fresno, just off Highway 41. For your convenience, a map and list of lodging facilities can be found on the back of this page.
Good luck to all!
- All Derby participants must have (in their possession) a valid California Fishing License. Children under the age of 16 are not required to have a license.
- Registration fees are $25.00 per individual, or $60.00 per family. Family registration is limited to husband and wife with maximum of (3) children under the age of 16.
- The Bass Lake Fishing Derby Committee must have you officially registered for you to be eligible for any tagged fish.
- A copy of your 2016 registration will not be returned to you. Verify your registration at Derby Headquarters on Derby Day(s).
- Participants must register by 9 AM, Saturday, April 30, 2016 and pick up wristband at any of the three Fishing Derby Headquarters: The Forks Resort, Millers Landing Resort, or Bass Lake Boat Rentals.
- All fish must be caught under the guidelines of current California Fishing Regulations. Maximum three (3) tagged fish may be turned in by a single registered angler per event per day.
- Fish must be captured alive, using standard hook and line and standard fishing techniques. No netting, shocking or explosive actions allowed (natural or man-made). 1 independent witness is required for verification of the 3 large prize fish.
- If less than $1000 is awarded in prize money during the Fishing Derby Weekend, the difference will be awarded in a random drawing of Fishing Derby Registrants.
- Prize fish worth: (2) $10,000, (1) $5,000, (150) $100, (847) $20.
- If the three grand prize fish are not caught during Derby Weekend, they will be worth $500 through 06/30/16.
- All tagged fish must be brought to one of the Fishing Derby Headquarters as soon as possible on the day of catch for verification. Derby Headquarters close at 9PM Sunday, May 1, 2016. To qualify for prizes, participants must be registered and show proper identification.
- Person catching the three grand prize fish will be paid by check according to insurance company policies. All other prizes will only be awarded on the same day of the catch, and void after May 1, 2016. Winning contestant may be asked to take and pass a lie detector test upon request to receive payment on grand prize fish, and furnish a social security number to the Bass Lake Chamber of Commerce upon request.
- Derby Committee members will be on the lake day and night during the event. Any one found violating Derby rules will be automatically disqualified from the event and from receiving any prize money.
- A voluntary 5 m.p.h speed limit will be requested of all boaters on derby weekend.
- Registration in the Derby does NOT guarantee each Registrant will receive a Derby Cap.
- No current or former employees, directors, officers, any employees directors, or officers, immediate family members, agents, successors, assignees of the sponsor/client, any promotional company, advertising agency, organization or company involved in any capacity are eligible.
- No refunds of registration fee after April 15, 2016. The derby takes place, regardless of weather conditions.
- Derby Hours: Fishing lines can only be in the water between 7:00am and 8:00pm during the two days of the derby.
Miller's Landing Resort (559) 642-3633
- Start:April 30, 2016
- End:May 01, 2016
- Where:Miller's Landing Resort, Inc.
- Event Type: Sports & Recreation
- Ticket Price:N/A